Saturday, January 10, 2009

! I'm in! I'm in!

So I didn't get the little pink "H" (the editor's mark for a hot story), but my story's posted! Well, chapter one is. But two and three are pending, and aren't allowing any more edits, and have dates on them, so I think they might be in, too! Just going out a day or so apart (which I thought was really considerate--keep them from getting in out of order, etc). If that's so, I should know about the second chapter in a few hours. (The third, more mercurial, will appear in his own good time.)

The formatting looks beautiful, too. Three cheers for the editors!!!

I'm absolutely paranoid, still, but I've had nothing but nice comments. My voting score (did I mention there was voting involved?) is pretty high, which is really gratifying. I love to make people happy. I love to make people feel sexy. (And who am I kidding? I love getting praised for my writing. I love it way too much.)

I'm pretty stunned at the response. It's been twenty-four hours. I don't have many comments, compared to the number of views and votes (which I understand--what do you say to that?), but there are already almost 3900 views ((EDIT: 17500 views! Jesus Christ.)), and 50 votes. My days of fanfic did not prepare me for that. On a good story in an active fandom, 15 or so commenting readers has been tops. Places I posted had maybe 300 members total, and probably not too many people 'lurking.' Some stories on this site have been viewed 5.5 million times.

I can't even fathom that. How many people go to this site?

Anyway. I'm way too shy to write back to the handful of comments I've received. I'm guessing because of the subject matter? But I also got spoiled on comment threads, where you don't have to make a step quite so active as jotting an email. I mean, the email I'd use is strictly for comments here and for Literotica, so it's not so... I don't know, exposed. But me being a married woman and all, it seems a little seedy, doesn't it?

Maybe it's one thing to write something for total strangers to masturbate to, but another to thank them for doing it. Hmm.

I do want to thank them, though. Thank you, wherever you are! Happy hunting!!

For posterity or wanderers-by, here is the link to chapter one. (I'll edit this with the links to the others, when/if they get in. :) ) Confessions of a Slutty Cousin, Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
And Chapter three!

(P.S. Should I vote on my own story? It seems a little cheap, but it's probably fair play. Hrm...)

No comments: